If you are having any web browsing or video viewing difficulties that are not covered in the below topics please feel free to contact us for assistance.
TV World Wide Support Email.
TV World Wide Support Numbers:
Please have the current version of your browser.
Internet Explorer.(Get Internet Explorer)
TV World Wide videos are delivered in two different formats.
Please have the latest version of the appropriate video codec installed.
Flash (Get Flash Now)
HTML5 for devices without Flash installed (iOS, Android, etc)
Mac Desktops / Laptops with OS X or greater.
PC's with a Operation system that uses a supported browser and has Flash
Android phones with flash and a supported browser
iOS Devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch)
Other devices running a supported browser with flash or HTML5 support
Not Currently Supported Devices:
Devices that do not play flash or HTML5, or run a supported browser.
A broadband connection with 600+ Kbps for continuous playback.
You can verify this with a service like speedtest.com for free by visiting www.speedtest.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
I open up the page, I can see the slides, but don't see or hear anything.
There are a few possible causes for this problem.
- Your Plug-in is not properly configured - this means if you're using Mozilla (i.e. Firefox), try Internet Explorer. If you are using IE, try Mozilla. If neither works, then download the newest version of the player and reinstall. If you are on a corporate network you may need to get a System Admin to help you.
- You don't have the player installed at all. Download it and install it.
- If your player looked like it tried to connect and couldn't, then you must be behind a very restrictive firewall. There is nothing more we can do about it from our end. This is something that will have to be handled by your IT people, who will have to open up a port for you.
I open up the page, I can see the slides, I can hear people speaking, but I don't see anything.
- The player requires codec's to decompress the video and display it in the player, your player either doesn't have the right codec, or is misbehaving, try restarting your computer and try again.
I open up the page, I can see the slides, I see the video, but I cannot hear anything.
This is one of the most frustrating problems, because you assume that if you can see the thing, then you should be able to hear it too.
- Your computer speakers (are not on, is the volume turned up, do you even have speakers)
- Your "System" volume, this is that little speaker icon near your clock, click on it once and you'll see the volume slider pop up, make sure it's turned up and the mute checkbox is unchecked.
- Your player volume, click on the Test your Player link, when the application opens, adjust the volume and click the mute button on and off to see if you can get audio.
- If this fails, uninstall your player (Click on Start--Settings--Control Panel--Add/Remove Programs, restart your computer, go download it again and reinstall the new version, and then restart your computer.
- If this fails, then call in on one of the technical support numbers above and we will try to resolve this for you.
I see the video trying to connect, but it says "Closed, the Server could not find the requested file, The Server is Busy, or a General Error has occurred."
- This could be a Firewall Issue coming back to haunt you. Usually, larger corporations have very advanced firewalls and will block Streaming Video even over HTTP. The only other possiblity is that the server you're trying to connect to crashed, but this is highly unlikely and we will advise you by chat if that's the case.
My Player gets stuck buffering for a long time and doesn't do anything.
- You're probably experiencing net congestion in your local area or on your network, try a lower bandwidth stream.
I can hear the webcast ok, but the picture is awful.
- The stream is designed to favor audio over video, so that you can hear even if the video degrades. This is due to net congestion, a condition on your network or through your Internet Service Provider that we cannot control.